Six Nations has confirmed the tournament will be completed in October and guidance on potential spectator attendance will follow “in due course”.
The World Rugby Council last week approved for Ireland to face Italy on October 24, with the final round of matches taking place a week later.
Ireland will stage bottom side Italy at the Aviva Stadium in a showdown that should have taken place on March 7, but was postponed due to the coronavirus pandemic.
Wales will take on Scotland on October 31 at a venue that has not yet been confirmed, with England travelling to face Italy at Stadio Olimpico and France doing battle with Ireland at Stade de France on the same day.
England were above France on points difference when the vast majority of sport worldwide was halted in March and it remains to be seen whether fans will be allowed in to see the conclusion of the competition.
— Guinness Six Nations (@SixNationsRugby) August 5, 2020
A Six Nations statement released on Wednesday said: “In rescheduling these matches, the health and safety of players, associated staff and supporters has been at the forefront of our thinking.
“We remain in close contact with all relevant authorities across the respective jurisdictions to ensure these matches take place in a safe environment and we will announce further details of health and safety protocols and guidance on spectator attendance in due course.”
Six Nations chief executive Ben Morel said: “Public health remains the number one priority and while we must continue to be vigilant and cognisant of the dynamic and fast changing external environment, we are nonetheless extremely pleased to be moving in the right direction.”
KEO.co.za News wire is powered by opta