The Jaguares will leave Australasia unbeaten after winning their fourth successive match on tour. The men from Argentina beat the Chiefs 23-19 for a back to back wins in New Zealand to go with their two wins in Australia. The wins make them serious contenders to win the South African Conference.
The Jaguares led 23-12 on full-time and the Chiefs scored a consolation try to get a losing bonus point.
The Jaguares, on tour, beat the Rebels, Brumbies, Blues and Chiefs.
Chiefs 19 (12)
Try: Jesse Parete
Conversion: Damian McKenzie
Penalties: McKenzie (4)
Jaguares 23 (10)
Tries: Ramiro Moyano, Penalty Try
Conversions: Nicolas Sanchez
Penalties: Emiliano Boffelli, Sanchez (2)
15 Charlie Ngatai (co-captain), 14 Toni Pulu, 13 Anton Lienert-Brown, 12 Alex Nankivell, 11 Solomon Alaimalo, 10 Damian McKenzie, 9 Te Toiroa Tahuriorangi, 8 Liam Messam, 7 Sam Cane (co-captain), 6 Luke Jacobson, 5 Tyler Ardron, 4 Michael Allardice, 3 Angus Ta’avao, 2 Liam Polwart, 1 Karl Tu’inukuafe
Substitutes: 16 Nathan Harris, 17 Sam Prattley, 18 Jeff Thwaites, 19 Brodie Retallick, 20 Jesse Parete, 21 Brad Weber, 22 Marty McKenzie, 23 Levi Aumua
15 Joaquin Tuculet (captain), 14 Ramiro Moyano, 13 Matias Orlando, 12 Jeronimo De La Fuente, 11 Emiliano Boffelli, 10 Nicolas Sanchez, 9 Gonzalo Bertranou, 8 Javier Ortega Desio, 7 Marcos Kremer, 6 Tomas Lezana, 5 Tomas Lavanini, 4 Guido Petti Pagadizaval, 3 Nahuel Tetaz Chaparro, 2 Julian Montoya, 1 Santiago Garcia Botta
Substitutes: 16 Agustin Creevy, 17 Javier Manuel Diaz, 18 Santiago Medrano, 19 Matias Alemanno, 20 Leonardo Senatore, 21 Martin Landajo, 22 Santiago Gonzalez Iglesias, 23 Juan Cruz Mallia
- Damian McKenzie converts the try.
- It’s all over! The referee has blown his whistle to end the game.
- 80+1‘The defensive line has been broken as Jesse Parete goes through the gap.
- 80+1‘That’s a great try assist by Brodie Retallick.
- 80+1‘A stunning solo try from Jesse Parete.
- 80‘Jeronimo De La Fuente has made 10 good tackles so far this game.
- 80‘What a run here by Anton Lienert-Brown as they gets over the gainline!.
- 78‘Michael Allardice has made 10 good tackles so far this game.
- 72‘Leonardo Senatore comes on.
- 72‘Tomas Lezana comes off.
- 72‘Chiefs decide to make a substitution, with Jeff Thwaites getting some game time.
- 72‘Chiefs decide to make a substitution, with Angus Taavao-Matau being replaced.
- 70‘The Jaguares supporters go wild as Nicolas Sanchez successfully kicks the penalty goal.
- 69‘Jaguares have won 80 rucks so far this game.
- 68‘Jaguares make a substitution with Javier Manuel Diaz coming on.
- 68‘Jaguares make a substitution with Santiago Garcia Botta coming off.
- 66‘Jaguares sub Matias Alemanno comes onto the field.
- 66‘Guido Petti Pagadizaval departs for Jaguares.
- 66‘Sam Prattley comes on for Chiefs.
- 66‘Karl Tuinukuafe leaves the field.
- 65‘Santiago Garcia Botta has made 10 good tackles so far this game.
- 65‘Chiefs have won 60 rucks so far this game.
- 64‘Jesse Parete comes on.
- 64‘Pita Sowakula comes off.
- 64‘Brad Weber comes on.
- 64‘Te Toiroa Tahuriorangi comes off.
- 63‘Charlie Ngatai makes the break as the defence re-enacts the parting of the red sea.
- 60‘Santiago Gonzalez Iglesias comes on.
- 60‘Joaquin Tuculet comes off.
- 60‘Fabulous play by Jaguares has led to Emiliano Boffelli being able to wriggle through a gap.
- 60‘Chiefs decide to make a substitution, with Brodie Retallick getting some game time.
- 60‘Chiefs decide to make a substitution, with Tyler Ardron being replaced.
- 60‘Alex Nankivell has made 10 good tackles so far this game.
- 57‘Jaguares make a substitution with Santiago Medrano coming on.
- 57‘Jaguares make a substitution with Nahuel Tetaz Chaparro coming off.
- 53‘Jaguares have won 60 rucks so far this game.
- 52‘Nahuel Tetaz Chaparro has made 10 good tackles so far this game.
- 51‘Chiefs sub Nathan Harris comes onto the field.
- 51‘Liam Polwart departs for Chiefs.
- 51‘Agustin Creevy comes on for Jaguares.
- 51‘Julian Montoya leaves the field.
- 50‘Liam Messam (Chiefs) is shown a yellow card.
- 50‘The referee awards a penalty try to Jaguares.
- 49‘Michael Allardice (Chiefs) is shown a yellow card.
- 48‘Marcos Kremer has made 10 good tackles so far this game.
- 44‘The penalty attempt by Damian McKenzie has rebounded off the left post and back into play.
- 42‘The touch judges raise their flags as Nicolas Sanchez kicks the penalty goal.
- 40‘Juan Cruz Mallia comes on.
- 40‘Ramiro Moyano comes off.
- 40‘Jaguares have won 40 rucks so far this game.
- 40‘The second half is underway.
- 40+2‘Damian McKenzie adds the points for Chiefs.
- 40+2‘The half-time whistle blows and both teams’ head for the dressing rooms.
- 40‘Chiefs have won 40 rucks so far this game.
- 38‘Damian McKenzie does the business as his penalty goal attempt goes over.
- 28‘Trouble here as Anton Lienert-Brown breaches the defence.
- 27‘Nicolas Sanchez has kicked a conversion.
- 25‘Matias Orlando sets up the try.
- 25‘Great hands by Jaguares leads to a try for Ramiro Moyano.
- 25‘This is dangerous for the defence as Joaquin Tuculet bursts through to advance the Jaguares attack.
- 25‘A gap opened in the defence and Solomona Alaimalo took full advantage.
- 23‘Damian McKenzie makes no mistake with that penalty goal attempt.
- 19‘Emiliano Boffelli kicks the penalty.
- 14‘Chiefs have won 20 rucks so far this game.
- 14‘Jaguares have won 20 rucks so far this game.
- 13‘Nicolas Sanchez was unlucky to have missed the penalty after the ball hit the right post.
- 9‘The defensive line has been broken as Emiliano Boffelli goes through the gap.
- 7‘Damian McKenzie has kicked a penalty goal.