KEO News Wire
Six Nations confirms tournament will be completed in October
The Six Nations champions are set to be crowned at the end of October and it remains to see if there will be any fans in attendance.
Six Nations has confirmed the tournament will be completed in October and guidance on potential spectator attendance will follow “in due course”.
The World Rugby Council last week approved for Ireland to face Italy on October 24, with the final round of matches taking place a week later.
Ireland will stage bottom side Italy at the Aviva Stadium in a showdown that should have taken place on March 7, but was postponed due to the coronavirus pandemic.
Wales will take on Scotland on October 31 at a venue that has not yet been confirmed, with England travelling to face Italy at Stadio Olimpico and France doing battle with Ireland at Stade de France on the same day.
England were above France on points difference when the vast majority of sport worldwide was halted in March and it remains to be seen whether fans will be allowed in to see the conclusion of the competition.
A reminder of how things currently stand. #GuinnessSixNations pic.twitter.com/sfVA8qRkwI
— Guinness Six Nations (@SixNationsRugby) August 5, 2020
A Six Nations statement released on Wednesday said: “In rescheduling these matches, the health and safety of players, associated staff and supporters has been at the forefront of our thinking.
“We remain in close contact with all relevant authorities across the respective jurisdictions to ensure these matches take place in a safe environment and we will announce further details of health and safety protocols and guidance on spectator attendance in due course.”
Six Nations chief executive Ben Morel said: “Public health remains the number one priority and while we must continue to be vigilant and cognisant of the dynamic and fast changing external environment, we are nonetheless extremely pleased to be moving in the right direction.”
KEO.co.za News wire is powered by opta
-
KEO News Wire2 weeks agoJuarno Augustus sends robust reminder to Rassie
-
KEO News Wire1 week agoKeo URC Boks Weekly Form Team – Round 17
-
KEO News Wire4 days agoBulls captain Ruan Nortje is a leader of men
-
KEO News Wire2 weeks agoWho is Test rugby’s best No 10?
-
KEO News Wire1 week agoSacha Feinberg-Mngomezulu lights up United Rugby Championship
-
International Rugby1 week agoSouth Africa will never again host the Rugby World Cup
-
KEO News Wire6 days agoGive the world champion Springboks a break
-
KEO News Wire2 weeks agoCameron Hanekom on the charge for the Boks
