KEO News Wire
Munster’s Carbery ‘highly unlikely’ to make Saracens showdown
Munster are not optimistic over their chances of being able to count on Joey Carbery against Saracens in the Champions Cup on Saturday.
Joey Carbery is “highly unlikely” to be fit in time for Munster’s European Champions Cup semi-final against Saracens on Saturday.
The Ireland fly-half sustained a recurrence of a hamstring injury in the last-eight success over Edinburgh at Murrayfield late last month and Munster are not optimistic over his availability.
There was better news, however, on Keith Earls and Jean Kleyn, who are expected to return to training this week ahead of taking on Sarries at the Ricoh Arena.
“It’s still highly unlikely [that Carbery will be available],” said head coach Johann van Graan.
“We’ll just take it day by day and then make a final call later in the week. Like I said last week, we won’t take any chances with him.
“If he’s ready, he’s ready. If he’s not, then we won’t take that chance.”
Always great to welcome unexpected guests to training! (Until they start chewing on your @Adidas boots )
Preparations have begun for Saturday’s Champions Cup semi-final! #SARvMUN #RedArmyRising pic.twitter.com/U4Ttux7oG7
— Munster Rugby (@Munsterrugby) April 15, 2019
KEO.co.za News wire is powered by opta
-
KEO News Wire2 weeks agoJuarno Augustus sends robust reminder to Rassie
-
KEO News Wire2 weeks agoKeo URC Boks Weekly Form Team – Round 17
-
KEO News Wire6 days agoBulls captain Ruan Nortje is a leader of men
-
KEO News Wire1 week agoSacha Feinberg-Mngomezulu lights up United Rugby Championship
-
International Rugby1 week agoSouth Africa will never again host the Rugby World Cup
-
KEO News Wire1 week agoGive the world champion Springboks a break
-
KEO News Wire2 weeks agoCameron Hanekom on the charge for the Boks
-
KEO News Wire5 days agoStormers Fans Ultimate XV – how good are those who missed out!
